Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to connect post in one-to-many post relationship using post relationship form and delete relationship or disconnect posts.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to connect post in one-to-many post relationship using post relationship form and delete relationship or disconnect posts.
Solution:
To connect post in one-to-many post relationship you will have to use the post relationship form and to delete the relationship you can use the shortcode [cred-delete-relationship].

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/need-to-have-an-front-end-edit-one-to-many-relationship-form/#post-2365793

Relevant Documentation:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred-delete-relationship
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-relationship-forms-for-connecting-posts/

100% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jaime 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I think my issue is not rocket science, but since I'm working with Elementor Pro Templates, sometimes it's difficult to reach some basic stuff.

I need to have a one-to-many relationship form on frontend to edit those relationships (Films -> Awards, in my case)
I red some tickets but I couldn't found any really helpful.
I'm aware I need to create a Content Template in order to display the Edit Form, but I'm using Elementor Templates to display my Films, so, I'm not sure but I think I'm having some problems for that.

I had the same issue with Post Types Editing Forms, and we can solve it,
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/edit-form-with-elementor/
but i'm trying to reproduce the problem and I can't do it.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share bit more details where on what page/post you want to display the edit post relationship form as well as on what elementor template you want to display it?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share sample post link where I can see the Edit link you added?

I have a page
hidden link
containing this relationship form
[cred-relationship-form form='editar-relationship-festival-pelicula']

I also have a Page
hidden link
containing the View
'Relationship Post Editar'

where i inserted several links just trying to make it works

[cred-relationship-form-link form='editar-relationship-festival-pelicula' child_item='$current' content_template_slug='borrador-automatico']Conectar otro/a Pelicula[/cred-relationship-form-link]

[cred-relationship-form-link form='editar-relationship-festival-pelicula' parent_item='$current' content_template_slug='borrador-automatico']Conectar otro/a Festival[/cred-relationship-form-link]

<a href="hidden link;" class="btn jf-button-editar">Editar Pelicula</a>

But none of them works...
As you can see i'm getting lost
🙁

Thanks Minesh

Minesh
Supporter

For the page where you added the view: hidden link

When we click on any item, it adds the "postid" as URL param that holds the ID of the parent post:
- hidden link

The page where you added the post-relationship form, I've changed the shortcode as given under:
- hidden link

[cred-relationship-form form='editar-relationship-festival-pelicula' parent_item="[wpv-search-term param='postid']"]

I can see now when you click on any "Editar Pelicula" link, it does automatically select the parent item in the select2 dropdown box, for example check this post:
=> hidden link

Sorry Minesh for my delay on answering you.
Thanks for your correction. Now, I can see what you say and it works properly.

But as far as I can see I can only use this Edit Relationship form to add a new "Festival" to a given "Pelicula"
Let be be more clear here:

This Edit Form gives me the ability to relate a "Festival" without any "Pelicula" related. But I can't change a previous relation right?
I mean, if I have for example "Pelicula A" related with "Festival A" I can't change it to "Pelicula B" related to "Festival A"
Is this possible to do?

(Sorry I'm not sure I'm being clear enough)
Thanks Minesh again!

Minesh
Supporter

To delete the relationship, you can use the following shortcode within your view's loop:

[cred-delete-relationship role_items='$fromViews' relationship='pelicula-festival']Eliminar esta relación[/cred-delete-relationship]

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred-delete-relationship

So, what you will need is a connect form to connect the posts for your relationship, the delete post link will be displayed with your view with every loop item using the above shortcode.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.