Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need to have a WhitePaper or explanation for relationship in the database

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello

Can you please point me to a white paper or other documentation on how relationships, especially many to many relationships are created and stored in the WP Database by toolset?

Background - Toolset has ultimately not been able to meet our use case due to its limitations (i.e. can't build complex queries with sorts, etc. through the Block editor, yet has other limitations within the legacy Views editor). In short, I'm having to employ someone to craft SQL queries to be able to meet our needs. The problem is that it is not obvious how relationships are formed/stored in the database so that appropriate queries can be formed.

In short, we need to know exactly where, and how in the database the posts are related to each other. Thank you.

Hello,

There isn't such an existed whitepaper, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Currently, I suggest you try to use WordPress built-in class WP_Query to setup your custom queries, and add the relationship filters in it, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/how-to-migrate-your-site-to-new-post-relationships/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.