Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Name placeholder is empty.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthiasV-2 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Please refer this ticket to Waqar.

Hi Waqar,

We have setup a user form 'Nieuwe gebruiker registreren DEF verkorte registratie'.
As well as an e-mail notification for 'Nieuwe gebruiker geregistreerd'.
We used the name placeholder %%USER_FIRST_NAME%% BUT the name appears to be left empty?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that you've added a custom user field named "Voornaam" through Toolset Types. And this is the same field that is also being used in that user form.

However, the placeholder "%%USER_FIRST_NAME%%" is for the built-in user field "First Name" that comes by default from WordPress.

Since your form is not using that default field, the output of that placeholder is empty in the email message.

You didn't need a field named "Voornaam" and could've used that default "First Name" field for this. But, if you'd like to continue using the "Voornaam" field, you can replace:

%%USER_FIRST_NAME%% 

With:

[types usermeta='voornaam' user_id='%%USER_USERID%%'][/types]

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Waqar!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.