Skip Navigation

[Resolved] my account

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 1 year, 4 months ago.

Author

In toolset documentation

Home » Course » WordPress Membership Sites » Member login and account management » Creating a “ My Account ” Page in WordPress

”About login from My Account page”

Please tell me about when you create a My Account and let the user log in.

How do I log in from the "My Account page " displayed here different from how I log in from the WordPress basic authentication.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

You are referring to this course page about adding custom login forms, yes?

https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645837-1622351/

What exactly is it that you need to know?

The custom log-in forms offered by Toolset are actually built on WordPress's own log-in code, it just allows you to display the log-in form wherever you want (rather than being output by the wp-login.php WordPress PHP template).

So logging-in via a custom log-in form is functionally equivalent to logging-in using the normal WordPress log-in form.

Hello, Nigel
Thank you for contacting me.

>You are referring to this course page about adding custom login forms, yes?
> https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645837-1622351/

Yes, that's right.

>What exact is it that you need to know?

I am very happy to understand my question.
>So logging-in via a custom log-in form is functionally equalent to logging-in using the normal WordPress log-in >form.
As mentioned above, in your answer my question's intent was vice versa.

To be honest, I was wondering what I wanted to hear until I asked.

I mean, I didn't know if the meaning of this feature was functionally equivalent or not, but now I understand it cleanly. So in the future, I was convinced that this information would be an irreplaceable reference for me when building several types of different member sites.

Thank you very much.

Worm regards,
Yoshihiko

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.