Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple account's registration with one e-mail address?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I'm building a website with this structure of a school competition:

A TEACHER (user) is going to submit/register teams of students:

TEAM A (registration form). TEAM A works on their Team's Project (Post Form and Post Content).

TEAM B (registration form). TEAM B works on their Team's Project (Post Form and Post Content).

TEAM C (registration form). TEAM C works on their Team's Project (Post Form and Post Content).

I already made the Registration Form: hidden link with data of teacher, school and names of students.

I also already have Post Form (and Post Type) for Team's Project: hidden link

MY PROBLEM:

1. I need a teacher to register several accounts with ONE e-mail address. Why? Students are not adults and now in EU is the GDPR problem to use data of e. g. juvenile students without parental permission etc.... it's too complicated. And it's also too complicated how to explain to a teacher that he/she has to use the unique e-mail address for every team's registration.

2. The teacher should delegate students to sign in and edit their team's project - but they should not see/edit the project's content of other teams.

For me, the best solution would be when the teacher registers each team of students and then they can sign in with their team's automatically generated ID = username and a password.

Maybe there is a need for changing my structure or thinking about it from a totally different perspective to solve this complication and to make it better working. I very appreciate your suggestion and any help with a building this site by using your amazing Toolset solution!

Best,

Jiri.

Hello,

Q1) I need a teacher to register several accounts with ONE e-mail address
There isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset plugins, it is a limitation of WordPress, see similar discussion here:
https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/144185/allow-duplicate-email-address-for-different-users

Q2) The teacher should delegate students to sign in and edit their team's project
I assume the "team's project" is a post, and the "student" is a wordpress user, you can not connect multiple users with one single post directly, as a workaround, you can setup a custom post type "student", setup many-to-many relationship between post type "student" and "team's project", each student user owns his own unique "student" post, then you will be able to connect "team's project" post with multiple "student" posts, and one "student" post can connect to multiple "team's project" posts too.

See our document:
How to Create Custom Searches and Relationships for Users
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

Dear Mr. Luo Yang,

fortunately, I've pushed my colleagues to change the view and now the structure is much easier and WP compatible:

There is going to be only ONE user registration – the teacher is going to register one user account and going to do ALL the work on the website. Students are not going to sign in at all.

There are the steps:

Step 1. User Registration: The teacher makes the user registration of him/herself. That's easy.

Step 2. Team's registration/submission (Post Form): The teacher is going to fill the form with the names of the student's team (no other users are needed - just the names of the students). The teacher can create several teams (A, B, C, D etc.). That's easy.

My problem: There is going to be the deadline (expiration): after this deadline, the teacher can't create any new teams BUT already submitted teams are going to be visible/useable but NOT editable. I'm following this documentation https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-4-setting-automatic-expiration-posts/. So I can choose the date of the expiration. Great. I am just not sure about the form's status after the expiration. As I already mentioned the teacher should use the form's content (team's names and data) for Project's registration (Step 3) before and also after the expiration' date but he/she can't register any new team after the expiration. So may I use "published" status in this case?

Step 3. Project's registration/submission (Post Form): The teacher is going to fill/submit the form of the team's project.

I've already made this form with your help, which is working fine. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/possibility-of-save-and-also-send-and-close-button-in-content-form/ There are already "Save" and "Close the Submission" buttons. Thanks again!)

My problem: There is the only change for this Post Form: at the beginning of the form there has to be the selection field with the already created teams: A, B, C etc. This is a required field because the teacher has to declare/select the authors (students' names) of the project.
When the teacher chooses the right team then the Content of the Team's registration Post Form (Step 2) is going to display in this Project's Post Form (so we can see student's name and other data of selected team at the beginning of Project's Post Form) and the teacher can continue to fill the other data of student's project.

So I don't know how to display the Content of some Post Form inside some other Post Form.

Many thanks for your help and suggestion!

Best,

Jiri.

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-multiple-accounts-registration-with-one-e-mail-address/

Dear Mr. Luo Lang,

I have probably even better solution than 3 Steps' structure mentioned in my previous message.

There are going to be 2 steps only:

Step 1. User Registration - User Form: The teacher makes the user registration of him/herself. That's easy.

Step 2: Student Team's AND Project's registration/submission - Post Form (Final Step 2 is a combination of Step 2 and Step 3 from my previous message).

The teacher is going to fill the names and other data of the student's team and then other/rest of fields. That's easy.

My problem: Some of the fields in Post Edit Form (form for "edit existing content") must have an expiration/deadline (with readonly='true') : it means that after the deadline the teacher can't edit some of these fields and he/she can only edit or fill other fields/content.

So I don't know how to limit the possibility of editing some fields which after some date/term are going to be read only.

Many thanks for your help and suggestion!

Best,

Jiri.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.