Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Modal/popup form display from button in grid cell

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andersN 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am using the kadence theme and want to display an edit post form in a modal/popup that triggers from button in grid cell.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No - can't find any relevant info

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm not sure how exactly you setup your modal popup or you still want to add the modal popup. Toolset does not have native feature for modal popup but I would like to review if you have added any popup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I have placed the "edit post form" modal/popup inside the grid cell in a view.
The modal works great now but it only works for the first cell in the grid. All grid cells have the "edit post form" modal trigger and but they only edit the first post in the grid.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello there! Minesh won't be available for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this thread.

If I understood well, you are putting posts and their edit forms in a grid view, then, you can only edit the first post even when you try to edit a different post, right?
Maybe this is a compatibility conflict with Kadence or a workflow mistake. To better assist you with it, please reproduce a minimal example in the following test site:
hidden link

If it is a compatibility bug, I'll escalate it directly to our 2nd Tier.

Note, that we can try this on your site, but I won't be able to confirm and escalate it as a compatibility issue without reproducing it on our test sites, that's why I am asking you to produce a minimal example on the test site.

On the other hand, if the issue is not reproduced on our test site, we can assume that it is a compatibility issue with a different component(theme/plugins) on your site or an exception that arises only on your site. In that case, we'll need to take a copy of your website and debug it locally.

Let me know what you will get.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I could not recreate the problem. It works now. It might have been a combination of embedding a toolset filter in a modal with a custom trigger button. Now I just use the modal button.

Anyway thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.