Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Message post link links to all messages instead of current user message&related

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

After recent updates, I realized the messaging system was no longer working as it once did.

The link to read the message post on both "sent" and "inbox" links to all the message posts and shows messages that do not belong to that user. I created a staging site and deactivated all non-toolset plugins, changed to 2020 theme, checked to be sure the messaging views and short codes had not changed, checked the action functions included in the messaging package. The behavior persists. Here is an example: hidden link

I am providing admin to staging and an example user login in the screen cast above.

Thanks in advance!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist with this issue, I'll need more details on your setup. Currently, the provided user does not have any received or sent messages to test with. I wanted to test that, but I could not find out where the "Reply message (ID: 3682)" or the "New message (ID: 3681)" forms are being used. Can you explain where?

I might need to create an additional user to test with, once you provided these details. I'll check then what's causing theses issues.

Or you may provide a different user where we can see these issues, I'll change the password for it to use it, just let me know its username or email address or ID.

Hi I included that inside the FTP details here it is again below:
Please hide the login credentials from public

[Credentials moved to a private post]

This is a typical setup like the directions that used to be here https://toolset.com/learn/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/

The only difference is that I linked the user full names to their profile in the cred forms.

Thanks for looking into this.

I followed your instructions and changed the message template back to classic editor. The same behavior is showing.
I created a message (using the login credentials in protected message). This was the result. When clicking on the title of the message it showed all the messages in the system. hidden link

I ended up switching to WP Frontend PM messaging as I needed a quick solution. The notification features are a nice bonus.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.