Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Markers not showing on Map

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display multiple markers on single map

Solution:
To display multiple map marker on same map, you should create a view to display it.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/markers-not-showing-on-map-2/#post-901985

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Brad Clark 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Capture4.PNG

I am trying to: Display all events on a map for post type 'event'. It is working for the individual posts, not for putting all the markers on one map.

I have created a content template and added the following code, which displays the map but not the markers. Am I doing the id wrong to list all posts in that post type?

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-7" map_height="600px"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-7" marker_id="marker-7" marker_field="wpcf-event-address" id="$event"][/wpv-map-marker]

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
2 markers located in Adelaide Australia.

Instead, I got: Just the map.

Thank you for your help
Brad

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please try to use following marker code:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-7" map_height="600px"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-7" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_field="wpcf-event-address"][/wpv-map-marker]

If you are not listing the parent post custom field - you do not need to add <strong > id="$event"

Could you please try to check with above code and try to resolve your issue.

Capture8.PNG
Capture5.PNG

Hi Minesh

In fact that was the code I started with. It doesn't put the markers in.
hidden link

Hallett Cove, Adelaide Australia is where the markers are.

Here are the individual events that work fine.
hidden link
hidden link

Thank you for your help.
Brad

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I need to check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I think its because you have markers at same location. If you want to display multiple markers at same location you need to add your map with Spiderfy attribute.

For example:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-7" spiderfy="on" map_height="600px"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-7" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_field="wpcf-event-address"][/wpv-map-marker]

More info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#displaying-multiple-markers-that-appear-on-the-same-location

Capture8.PNG

Hi Minesh

I added the code you supplied to the content template but still no markers showing at all.

Thanks
Brad

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I need access detail to check whats going wrong with your setup.

Please share problem URL where you want to display markers and access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I see you gave me access but thing is that you did not grant me full access so I can not able to check the page where you have added the map.

Could you please grant full access to the user you created for me and let me know.

Hi Minesh

I am very sorry. I didnt realise it wasnt Admin.
You are now Admin.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I think you missed the trick here. To display multiple map marker on same map, you should create a view to display it.

As you can see I've created a view here and added the map's shortcodes to view's loop output editor:
=> hidden link

And I've added above view to your page:
=> hidden link

And I can see map is working fine. Could you please check and confirm.

Hi Minesh

Thank you so much for sorting that out. Much appreciated.

Regards
Brad

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.