Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Markers not displaying on map

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Author

I am trying to: create a single post with a map that shows a marker of the location of the post.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the location of the post as taken from the address field.

Instead, I got: just a map with no marker

I've been following the tutorial to learn how to work with toolset. I went over my work 3 times and can't seem to figure out why it won't show the marker. The API seems to be okay and I couldn't see any errors in the web console.

I appreciate your help. Thanks - Tom

I have tried our own API Key of google maps directly on your site and it does not work.

This time it's an address Field created with slug location, and not address, but in the ShortCodes you call a field wpcf-address.
So that cannot work, the field called for the markers should be the address field as stored by Types.
Have you inserted that with the GUI or manually?
I would recommend to use the GUI to avoid issues.

It's also confusing as of why that field exactly has a slug location, as A) that slug is used for the Post type as well, and B) you seem to want it called "Address" and not location, I would recommend to:
- delete that field
- recreate it with a name and slug like "Unique Address Field"
As soon you do that, it'll work, see here:
hidden link
(I already changed the slug in that view for you, you will need to change that again if you create a new field)
Working test post here:
hidden link

Thank you. Your information has solved my problem.

In answer to your question: I inserted that field using the GUI. I'm going to go back and figure out where I went wrong in that process.

Thanks again! - Tom

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.