Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps don’t render on first load in Firefox

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A Map I have included on my site with Toolset Maps is not displayed on first load in the Firefox browser.

Solution: Update to the latest versions of Toolset plugins.

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by scottL-3 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:
Load a page with a Toolset Maps Google Map on it. Works fine in Chrome and Edge but in Firefox and Safari, the map doesn't show when the page loads. It does show in Firefox or Safari if I apply a filter to it. There are no errors in the javascript console.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
A map when the page loaded.

Instead, I got:
The page without the map showing in Firefox or Safari. In Chrome and Edge, the map loads fine.
In Firefox, applying a filter to the map makes the map appear.

Hi, we started receiving some similar reports late yesterday, and today our 2nd tier support team opened an internal investigation into this issue. I'm linking your ticket with that internal ticket and will give you an update as soon as I have more information to share. I'm not aware of a workaround just yet, but will keep you posted.

Our developers are working on a hotfix for this issue and hope to have it ready to release very soon. I'll let you know when that becomes available.

We are in the process of pushing this hotfix release now. If you are not prompted to update automatically in wp-admin yet, you can go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, click the Commercial tab, and then click "Check for updates" in the Toolset installer area. Let me know if the latest round of updates do not resolve the issue, and I can take a closer look.

My issue is resolved now. Thanks Christian. That fixed it. I haven't tested extensively to make sure there are no side effects yet but at first glance it seems like this fixed the problem and everything else still works properly. I know I had a few other sites with the same problem so I'll update them later today.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.