Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map not loading

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Annie 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

We recently discovered our Toolset Maps aren't loading on the front-end. They worked fine in the past, but I'm not sure how long it's been since they stopped loading. I'm seeing this error in the developer console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'event' of undefined
at WPViews.ViewAddonMaps.self.initGoogle (wpv_addon_maps.js:1459)
at WPViews.ViewAddonMaps.self.init (wpv_addon_maps.js:1569)
at new WPViews.ViewAddonMaps (wpv_addon_maps.js:1575)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (wpv_addon_maps.js:1579)
at e (jquery.min.js:2)
at t (jquery.min.js:2)

I tested disabling things on a staging site, and it seems the issue is a conflict between Toolset Maps and the Astra theme. Any idea what the cause might be or how to fix it?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website with Astra theme and Toolset Maps plugin, but couldn't reproduce this issue.

It suggests that something specific to your website is involved. To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. Once everything is up-to-date, It would be interesting to test this again with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details along with the link to the example page with the map.

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I can confirm that a fix for this issue has been covered in the recent release of Toolset Maps version 2.0.9.
( https://toolset.com/download/toolset-maps/#changelog )

Please update Toolset Maps and all other plugins, WordPress, and the Astra theme to the latest versions and then check the map again.

Thanks. I had to manually download and install the update since it wasn't showing as an available update in WordPress yet, but it was fixed after that.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.