Skip Navigation

[Fixed in next Release] Map markers do not appear on map containing markers from a View until I update the post in wp-admin.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have imported address data into Types address fields, but the corresponding markers do not appear on a map until I update the posts in wp-admin.

As discussed, the API_CALL_THROTTLE_MAX constant value is fixed in core plugin files, limiting each geocode batch process to 5 results. I'll need to submit a request through the chain of command here to see if this is something that is potentially configurable via the Toolset > Settings > Maps page in a future release. I'll let you know what I find out from my 2nd tier support team and developers.

Our developers have informed me that we are investigating increasing this limit to 50 per the Google Maps API documentation, and I have linked this ticket to our internal ticket. I can keep you up-to-date as we continue to investigate the possibility of improving this quota setting for the CRON.

Hello, our developers are working on updates to the Maps plugin that will include both an increase to the geocoding API batch request throttle and an automated process for fetching missing address cache entries. If you'd like to access the beta release, please let me know and I can provide a copy of the early beta for you. If you would rather wait for the stable version, Maps 2.0.9 will include the automated process for fetching missing cache entries from the Toolset > Settings > Maps page, as well as an increase in the batch request throttle to 50 items per query.