Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map Markers disappeared from map view

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I had a page with a map that had markers displaying on all the loop item addresses. But now the markers are no longer appearing. You recently solved another problem I was having with maps in this ticket:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/this-page-cant-load-google-maps-correctly-3/

But now I'm seeing that the map markers are no longer working on this page here:

hidden link

I've disabled the other plugin just to see if that would work, but it had no impact. I'm not understanding why we're suddenly having these issues with mapping when nothing has been changed.

Previously there was a numbered marker for every one of the hills in this view. This was working fine a couple weeks ago. Now the markers are no longer present. I didn't edit the view at all. The markers have just stopped displaying. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated again.

Note that the single marker is displaying as it should on this page:

hidden link

So the problem happening above is only happening on the view that has all the loop items in it.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I checked the view 'Clermont Hills Table' and noticed that for the custom marker icons, it was using the URL for the older development website.

I've updated the URL, according to the current production website and the map marker icons are showing now.
( screenshot: hidden link )

regards,
Waqar

Very interesting. Thanks for that find. That makes sense because I only recently deleted the development version of the site from the server as no longer needed. I'm not sure how I missed changing that URL though. I thought I changed all of them. I must have had a brain glitch just not catching that one.

OK, I see it is working again now.

While we're looking at this though, perhaps you can diagnose another issue I had with this same matter of map marker display. I tried to set up a mobile version of this view to not use a table. I kept the map display the same and changed the structure of the table output to just display the fields vertically for mobile screen widths. I've set that back up again now on the page so you can see it. I've also now rebuilt the view to fix the problem with the table headers not sorting that you previously solved for us. So the page is now set to use the rebuilt view at desktop screen widths and the mobile view at mobile phone and tablet screen widths. The rebuilt view is working perfectly. But I'm still having the same problem with the mobile view not showing the map markers. I've made sure it is not using the development URL for the map markers and that didn't solve it. I had this problem even when we were still on the development site and decided to just put this idea on the shelf temporarily until I had a better time to try to solve it again. Having this problem here has gotten me to revisit this again now and the same problem persists with the site on the root domain.

Any idea why the map markers aren't displaying when the mobile view is used?

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-map-markers-not-showing-on-the-mobile-view/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad I was able to help.

I've created a separate ticket for your new question about the mobile view and will follow up on that shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-map-markers-not-showing-on-the-mobile-view/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.