Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Make Products Archive page show up just in the content area not the whole page

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liatG 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Layout for Product Archives.png
Layout for Products Page.png
Shop page is product archive page.png
Shop page is custom Products page.png

I'm trying to make a Product Archives page for WooCommerce products that looks like a normal page (has a sidebar and normal padding around it).

Example (shows the layout I need help with): hidden link

I made a simple custom Products page and put a View showing all products. This shows up the way I want.
When I use the same View on the Products Archive layout, the page has no sidebar and the content area fills the whole page. It also has no padding at the top.

I have checked the rows on both layouts. They are set to "Row as wide a post content (recommended)."

Can you tell me why my Product Archive layout doesn't look like a regular page, and how to fix that? I want the page to look like the screenshot "Shop page is custom Products page."

Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Liat,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

The Astra theme offers the dedicated options for WooCommerce's archive and single product pages in the Customize screen, at WP Admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Layout -> Sidebar.
( screenshot: hidden link )

These options override the sidebar options set on the archive layout's edit screen.
( shown in your screenshot: Layout for Product Archives.png )

Similarly, you'll also find the "Container for WooCommerce" option at WP Admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Layout -> Container, which overrides the "Content Layout" option set on the layout's edit screen.

I hope this helps! Please let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.