Skip Navigation

[Closed] make product image change to variation image when variation is selected

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
capture_001_11072016_225905.jpg
capture_001_11072016_232956.jpg
capture_002_11072016_230537.jpg

I am trying to: make product variation images appear when product variation is selected.

I visited this URL:hidden link

I expected to see: a picture of a black monitor stand appear when I choose black monitor stand in the product variations.

Instead, I got: image does not change.
I read through some other threads of people having the same problem. I an issue with wrapping the : output="img_tag" with a div class "images"
I can't seem to get it to work. can you explain how to do it please.
thanks.

I just noticed that the price does not update either. Please advise me what to do
thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Before we continue I would like for you to perform a simple procedure for me 🙂

I would like for you to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins leaving only Woocommerce and Toolset as your active plugins.

Then try this again.

Please let me know if after trying this if the problem still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, I am not sure what happened. I replied earlier, but the reply is gone.
anyway I tried what you suggested and the photos still do not change. nor does the lightbox gallery work, no doubt it is the same problem.

It is taking too long to fix this so I have reverted to using the standard woocommerce single product template. Please send me a private message and I will send you the login to the staging site and ftp where you can see the problem with the toolset layout for the product page.
thanks,
tom

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

I took a look at this and it should be working now.

What I did was to just use this shortcode in its default state.
[wpv-woo-product-image size="shop_single" output=""]

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane,
It is great to have the functionality back. Is there a way to make the image take up the full width of the column though? What makes the image so small? In the woocommerce settings I have shop images set to 1000px wide. How come it only fills up half the width of the column?
thanks
tom

Nevermind Shane I got it larger:
<div style="width:1000px">[wpv-woo-product-image size="shop_single" output=""]</div>

thanks again, I appreciate your effort.
tom a

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

What you can do is to use some css to adjust the size.

div.images{
width: 70% !important;
}

Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] make product image change to variation image when variation is selected’ is closed to new replies.