Skip Navigation

[Resolved] login form

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

TOOLSET
WordPress Directory and Classifieds Sites Course ≫ Chapter # 11 ≫ Registering Users from the Front-end on Directory Sites ≫ Creating Custom Login Forms in WordPress

I am currently testing Chapter 11.

Currently, the following phenomena are occurring on my site.

Even if I enter the above user name and password on the My Account (Content Template >> Login Form) page and press the login button, the transition to My Account (Fixed Page >> my-account) does not occur.

However, if I enter a user name or password that has nothing to do with the above user name or password, I will be taken to the My Account page.

I want to correct the above error so that the transition is normal.
I would like to ask for your support.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.29.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.30.10 AM.png

Hello, I understand you are having trouble redirecting certain logged-in Users to the My Account page after they log in to the site. I assume this is the "My Account" page you referred to:
hidden link

I tried logging in using the credentials you provided (I have moved those into a private area for your security). The first time I attempted to log in, the page reloaded but I was not logged in and no error was shown. So I resubmitted the login form using the same credentials again, and this time I was logged in successfully. See the screenshots here, I have attached one screenshot showing the login window, as well as after my second attempt to log in. Is the My Account page displayed as expected in the second screenshot, or is there a problem with the My Account page shown here?

Dear Christian,

During the test, I found the following points to be a problem.

1. I accessed the login form (mode 1) on a different device (smartphone, PC).
2. I entered the ID and password that have already been registered.
3. Did not transition to any page.
4. I tried entering a different user name and password
5. Then, the target My Account page (id = 2383-2, mode 2) was displayed.

However, as far as I can see the image attached by you, it seems to me that there is no problem.

If there is no problem, why does this happen?
I want to know that. I don't think it's something that the browser remembers.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

It's unusual that the first login attempt would be unsuccessful, but the second login attempt with the same credentials would be successful. That behavior is not normal, and I'm not sure why it would be happening here. As a test, please try these troubleshooting steps next:
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty One
- Temporarily deactivate any custom code snippets you have created in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code
- Make sure your WordPress installation, Toolset plugins, and WooCommerce plugins are all updated to the latest versions. You can go to /wp-admin/update-core.php and click "Check again" a couple of times to verify everything is up-to-date.
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset Types, Toolset Blocks (or Toolset Views), Toolset WooCommerce Blocks (if it is currently active) and WooCommerce.
- In a new incognito browser window, log out if necessary, and test the My Account login form again using some valid credentials.
- If you are able to login successfully on the first attempt, this indicates there is a conflict with a theme, plugin, or custom code snippet, since the problem does not occur with only Toolset, WooCommerce, and a default theme active. Reactivate your theme, plugins and snippets, one by one, testing in a logged-out incognito browser each time you reactivate a component, until the problem returns.
- If you are still unable to login successfully on the first attempt, I need to take a closer look.

Please let me know the results of these tests and we can go from there. Thank you!

Dear Christian,

I have done the following tests and will report to you.

1) I temporarily changed the theme to Twenty Twenty-One.
2) I temporarily disabled the custom code snippet created in Toolset> Settings> Custom Code.
3) I have confirmed that the WordPress installation, toolset plugin, and WooCommerce plugin are all updated to the latest version.
4) I made sure everything was up to date.
5) I have temporarily disabled all plugins except the toolset type, toolset block (or toolset view), toolset WooCommerce block (if currently active), and WooCommerce.
6) I set it to secret mode chrome.
7) I did the first test under the above conditions. The result is as follows.

First login → failure
Second login → Success

Changed theme to astra
First login → failure
Second login → failure
3rd login → Success

Activated Gutenberg

Theme Twenty Twenty-One, Astra both fail forever

From the above, I did not understand why the login did not succeed the first time.
Therefore I need further support from you.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Okay, thank you for testing and reporting the results. I'm not exactly sure why logins are not successful upon first attempt, and I think I need to take a closer look in wp-admin to understand what is happening here. If necessary, I may need to create a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin or the All-in-One WP Migration plugin, so I can install a copy of your site on my local test environment and run additional tests. If that is okay with you, please provide administrator login credentials in the private fields available in your next reply. I will log in and take a closer look. If the problem is not obvious, I will create a site clone and continue testing in my local environment.

Thank you, I was able to create a site clone and I will continue investigating. I will give you an update tomorrow as soon as possible, since my shift is ending now.

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your contact.
I continue to look forward to your support.

Best Regards,

Yoshihiko

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.