Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Listing Posts, some with URLs and some without

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi. I have 2 CPTs which are related to eachother in many-to-many relationship. Both are created by Toolset. Lets name one CPT1 and the other CPT2. The CPT2 has a custom flat taxonomy (like Tags) which tells the "Type" of CPT2s. For example, the CPT2-1 is a Type1 and the CPT2-2 is a Type2.
I want to create a View in the Single Page of CPT1, in which I list all realted CPT2s. In this View, I want all related CPT2s be listed based on date created. The problem I have is here: I want those CPT2s that are Type1 to be "Post title with a link" in the list, and those CPT2s that are Type2, to be a normal "Post title" (without link).

How can I achieve this? Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I assume you are going to achieve these:
In the single "CPT1" post, display a post view:
- Query related "CPT2" posts
- in view's loop, display such kind of link:
link text is CPT2s post term "Type2", link to CPT2s post URL

If it is, you can setup that link with HTML codes, for example:

<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-taxonomy type="type" separator=", " format="name" show="name" order="asc"]</a>

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-taxonomy
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-url

Hello Lou,
Sorry I didn't understand. Could you please explain in more detail?

I have provided the example codes in above answer, if you still need assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with login details, also point out the problem page/post URLs, I can setup a demo for you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.