Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Listed archive/taxonomy view displaying post values

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by fleurP 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have created a CPT called document manager. In the posts is a custom upload field where a document is loaded.
I would like for all posts in that specific category to be displayed in a listed view containing only the "post Title" and "Link (download button)".

Do when a category is clicked, it should show the title and download button for each post underneath each other - simialer to this:
hidden link

Basically need to know how to edit ti view/layout for a archive page.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 12.56.19 PM.png

Hello, you can design category archives in the Block Editor using Toolset's WordPress Archives feature. It is similar to the View feature in that it produces lists of posts, but these designs are assigned to archive pages. Go to Toolset > WordPress Archives and create a new archive, then assign the archive to the desired taxonomy like Category, Tag, or a custom taxonomy you create with Toolset. The design you create will be displayed at all term archives in this taxonomy. You can also create multiple WordPress Archives and assign them to be displayed for only specific terms. See the screenshot here, this example shows an archive I created for the WooCommerce Product Category taxonomy. I could click "Select specific terms" to assign this archive to one or more specific terms, and then assign a different WordPress Archive to display at all other Product Category term archives.

Does this answer your question, or have I misunderstood what you want to accomplish?

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 09.54.00.png

Thanks, I am doing something wrong....see the link for the archive page. It is not loading the actual PDF file as per my insert.

hidden link

<!-- wp:toolset-views/wpa-editor {} -->
<div class="wp-block-toolset-views-wpa-editor">
<a href="[types field='file-1' output='raw'][/types]">[wpv-post-title]</a>
</div>
<!-- /wp:toolset-views/wpa-editor -->
<p> </p>

Please ignore above post. I have in the interim managed to get the custom doc name and link to display and loop for each post in within th archive. I am however unsure about the following:

1. "No items found" below each loop item
2. The <span></span> bracket around the category heading

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Fleur,

As Christian is currently on vacations, I will be doing the follow up here.

Can you provide me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Fleur,

Thank you for the credentials, however when I tested them they don't seem to work.

Can you check them on your end and let me know if you're able to log in ?

Thanks,
Shane

Apologies, new login details have been updated in the private message.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Fleur,

I did a bit of checking and it appears that the <span> issue in the header is being caused by the theme itself. Unfortunately i'm not able to have a quick look at the theme files to see why the archive.php is adding the span in the archive title as the editor for the themes has been disabled.

Secondly I wasn't able to see the No Results found issue as mentioned in your previous ticket.

The archive that was looked at was the one below.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.