Skip Navigation

[Resolved] List view in relationship form 2

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

A user reported that she is using the post-relationship to store the "Year" information with the posts and wondered if using a custom taxonomy for this would be better.

Solution:

Confirmed that from a performance perspective, filtering/searching by taxonomy is always more efficient compared to custom fields and post-relationships and so it would be better to track the year custom taxonomy.

Relevant Documentation:

n/a

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yvonneJ 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
cred.jpg
year.JPG

Hi,
I use a realtionship form on my website hidden link
The cpt "nascholing" are (refresher) coursers and the user can add this to his or her profile.
It is important for us to know in which year te course took place. So, I added a custom field Jaartal (Year) at the form.

I made a relationship for this purpose, but it is not working yet. Can you help me with this?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why this relationship form is not working, I'll need to see exactly how it is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with the link to the page with this form?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

I thought it over and realize that it is also possible to replace the field "year" in a taxonamy.
If I make a list from for instance 1980 to 2022 as tag for a course, it will be easier.
Do you agree? If so, I will make this first before we go on with this issue.
I'm waiting for your advice

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for waiting and yes, you're thinking on the right lines.

From a performance perspective, filtering/searching by taxonomy is always more efficient compared to custom fields and post-relationships. For this reason, it would be better to track the year of the refresher courses, through the "Year" taxonomy.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.