Skip Navigation

[Resolved] List custom post titles by second level taxonomy

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
List custom post titles by second level taxonomy

Solution:
This will require the nested view and nested views are supported in classic views mode, its not supported in block view mode.

Please check the following article that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/2015/07/how-to-group-posts-by-category/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonathanR-5 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I need to create a new page similar to this one: hidden link
but I don't know how to list the posts by second level of taxonomy using Views. So under 'Clinical Psychology' which would be my top level taxonomy, I want to list sub-level ones like Area Chair, Ladder Faculty etc.. and then dynamically loop through and list that custom post (Faculty) under those sub-taxonomies.
Right now when I try to do that with Views, it only lists the taxonomy name not the custom post title (faculty name) which belongs to it. I am currently unable to send any credentials to the development site so please send me any tutorials on the topic instead. Thanks.

Please advise.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This will require the nested view and nested views are supported in classic views mode, its not supported in block view mode.

Please check the following article that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/2015/07/how-to-group-posts-by-category/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.