Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Link to Edit Member Profile from a custom post type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to create an edit page link from a page that they dont want to edit.

Solution:

Unfortunately it is not possible to do this as the edit link must be on the page that you intend to edit.

To do an edit link of the frontend have a look at this link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? From the membership dashboard, link to the logged in member's profile page so they can edit their own profile.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Was mentioned in this support ticket, but forgot we did not resolve.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/allow-members-to-edit-their-member-profile/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Laurie, I see that the thread you linked to was something of an epic, so I'm going to assign this to Shane who is familiar with your site. He should be online within a couple of hours.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laurie,

I believe we did resolve this .

If you take a look at this user's profile, there is an edit profile link on the page.
hidden link

There should be an edit profile link at the top of the page that links to their edit page.

Please let me know if you're able to see this on your end.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen-Shot-2019-01-08-at-3.41.33-PM.jpg

Hi Shane,

How can I actually link there from the dashboard? I guess that is my question.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laurie,

Unfortunately no it can't be placed there because of how our Toolset Edit works with the frontend form.

The edit link is required to be on the page that is being edited. This is because it'll replace the post content with the form once the edit form is clicked.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.