Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Let user select which CPT's to view on page

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,

I'm working on a content template of a specific custom post type. On of the features of the template is that it should display three other relates posts of the CPT. This isn't a problem at all by adding a view.

However, the client wants to be in control which three other related posts are shown by some kind of select / drop down field showing the title of the post. So I can't use the default WordPress order options.

Can this be done with WP Types / Toolset?

Thanks in advance,
Niels

I have to ask you to subscribe/register your Toolset Plugins, because right now, I do see only a Types Plugin subscription on your name, and I can not assist issues with the Paid Plugins of Toolset, in the Types Free Forum.

Of course, I would answer you here also in regard of Views or other Paid Toolset Components if I see the valid subscription, but right now I can not see this in our Records.

Can you go ahead and register your toolset, so I can see the subscription as valid, and then go ahead with the Support?

In case you want - we also have a dedicated Support Forum for the paid Toolset components:
https://toolset.com/forums/forum/support-2/

Anyway, the goal you try to achieve is not possible as such.
The client would have to head to the Views settings and make the adequate changes there.
(I assume that Select should be in the backend, correct?)

Hi Beda,

Thanks for your reply. I'm taking over this project from another developer which has a valid subscription which isn't synced with my account (yet).

Select should take place in the backend indeed. I already found the filter option but that seems to be for the front-end only.

I'll see if I can to something with the Views settings or somehow add some custom taxonomies to the CPT to create some kind of fake filter.

Regards,
Niels

Sure.

Please once you have the valid subscription let me know.

In the backend the only chance for the client is to use either fields or taxonomies so to associate the Posts, or a Child/parent relation.

You would then create the View that respects those settings and displays the posts.

Let me know if you need help with the types part (for now)

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.