Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Let Model display a Publication Type

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
4_Groupe_frontend_empty_but_good_model_assigned.JPG
3_Groupe_edition.JPG
2_Groupes_list_admin.JPG
1_Groupe-Model-Edition.JPG

Hi,
I don't understand why my Model doesn't display my Content Type.

I created a Publication-Type "Groupe".

My Model do no more work, it doesn't display the fields, and also no content, even Text that is typed in the Model. It only display the Publication-Title (that I doesn't put in the model).

I think it worked for 1 year and now I look at it, and the contents of the Type "Groupe" doesn't appear.

I selected the Publication Type in the Usage of the Model.

If I create a View, I can display the contents of the Publications, but not in the single view with Models...

Can you check it ? I can provide you access to the admin of my WordPress

Here the links to the exemples :
Content public : hidden link
Model : hidden link

In the Screenshots, you see everything.

Thanks a lot
Nicolas Bugnon

PS. not every plugin is completely uptodate on my system, but I don't thing this is the problem. I have a similar site, that ist from the same date and it works... And as said, this Site did work and now no more without i did nothing...

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The templates used to work, but now they output nothing, correct?

It would help to be able to check the back end of your site, yes.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website.

Your website theme is using custom function to render post content, and I have done below modifications:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content:
in section "Theme support for Content Templates", add the function name: kalium_blog_post_content, and click button "Apply", please test again, check if it is fixed, thanks.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/theme-support-for-content-templates/

1_theme_support_for_content_templates_emptyOK_otherSite.jpg
3-3_Editor_Content_Templates_Setting.jpg
3-2_Model_Edition_WPBakeryPageBuilder_OK_otherSite.jpg
3-1_Model_edition_WPBakerPageBuilder_Problem.jpg

Hi Luo Yang,

Thanks a lot for your help. It works 🙂 But I still need assistance in relation with this issue. In 3 ways :

1. First, I have to understand why I don't have to do this on my other site, that is exactly the same (but for an other music festival). It use the same theme (Kalium), same version (3.0.1), and same Toolset, same version (Types 3.3.10, Views 3.2.1), and same objects are defined. I don't have to put this function-name in the parameters there.
Look at the group : hidden link
The Model : hidden link
I can provide you also access in a next hidden message, ok ? It's really not understandable. I have to understand this issue to go on with my developpments.
An this is maybe in relation with the next point :

2. In my Groupe-Model, I would like not to display the Date of the Post. It comes automatically under the Title. Also the Title comes 2 Times because I put it in the Model, and it comes another time automatically (I don't know how...). Can you help to get those stuff away of the model-display ?
I meant this is related to the first point, because on my other Website (festival-moudon.ch, the model is displayed without those elements (post date, post Title). Can you explain how this is possible ?

3. Then, there is an other Problem, the edition of the Model with the "WPBakery Page builder" doesn't work. It simply doesn't display the interface, the colons, lines and Content-blocks... the Model-Edition-Page recongnize, that we are in Edition-Modus with WPBakery Page Builder, as we can say "stop to edit the model with WPBakery Page Builder.
Look at the screenshot and the Model-Edition : hidden link
And in my other website (festival-moudon.ch) : everything works fine. I can edit the Model with WPBakery Page builder (look at the screenshot). It's very bizarre...

Thanks a lot for the support!
Nicolas

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-let-model-display-a-publication-type/

Oh, I just found something else. Actually, the template of the Groupe-Type was re-written in the Child-Theme here :

wp-content\themes\kalium-child\single-groupe.php

Those lines were changed (I think the standard-function was put in place of a theme-specific function for the rendering of the content, am I right?) :

the_content();
          /*do_action( 'kalium_blog_single_content' ); */

But i have to say : this was done in both of my sites. And as explained in the previous messages, they act differently anyway...
And, the code changes here "kalium_blog_single_content" and not "kalium_blog_post_content", the function you mentioned above for the Types-Settings.

Is this something in relation with my questions above ?
Thanks thousand times. Nicolas

I assume the original question of this thread is resolved, according to our support policy, we prefer one question one thread, for other new questions please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-let-model-display-a-publication-type/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.