Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Legacy plugins from Toolset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user asks if we are retiring Toolset Views after we described it as legacy on our website.

Solution:
WordPress 5.0 was the first version to include the Block editor "Gutenberg". Toolset is also following this strategic decision and is offering Toolset Blocks plugin to let users build amazing websites with the block editor. We have published an article about it here https://toolset.com/2019/11/toolset-views-becoming-toolset-blocks/

Basically, Toolset Views and Toolset Blocks are the same plugins. Once we activate one, it deactivates automatically the other.
Currently, Toolset Blocks does not offer the same spectrum of features that Toolset Views allow. For complex scenarios, we still suggest to users to use the old views editor. you can activate the old editor in Toolset->Settings->General->Editing experience

Toolset Layouts on the other hand is now put on maintenance mode, which means that we will not add any new features on it. All further development will be around fixing bugs.

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have some old site using the Layouts and Views plugins, I am going to upgrade them but I find both plugins are put as Legacy plugins, does it mean both plugins will be deprecated? May I know any new plugins will be replaced?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

WordPress 5.0 was the first version to include the Block editor "Gutenberg". Toolset is also following this strategic decision and is offering Toolset Blocks plugin to let users build amazing websites with the block editor. We have published an article about it here https://toolset.com/2019/11/toolset-views-becoming-toolset-blocks/

Basically, Toolset Views and Toolset Blocks are the same plugins. Once we activate one, it deactivates automatically the other.
Currently, Toolset Blocks does not offer the same spectrum of features that Toolset Views allow. For complex scenarios, we still suggest to users to use the old views editor. you can activate the old editor in Toolset->Settings->General->Editing experience

Toolset Layouts on the other hand is now put on maintenance mode, which means that we will not add any new features on it. All further development will be around fixing bugs.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dear Jamal,

Thanks for your answer, may I know the Legacy plugins in the toolset are just means it will be supported but no further developments. I can keep using the Views and no need to rewrite them using blocks, am I correct?

best regards,

Kelvin

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Yes, correct, the legacy plugins won't have new features added, but we will still support them and provide fixes for bugs.
Indeed, you can keep using Views without converting them to blocks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.