Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts Image Cell no longer supporting alignment

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I use an image cell in Layouts to display an image, but the alignment classes no longer seem to be working correctly.

Solution: Our developers are aware of the issue and we hope to address this in a future update of Layouts. At this time the priority is Blocks development, so a workaround would be to choose a standard image size instead of a custom image size.

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gavin 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

When I go to edit existing Image Cells in Layouts and re-save the layout, the images are no longer centrally (or right) aligned. They look aligned in the Layout but not in the front-end.

The class "aligncenter" seems to no longer be applied.

Hi, I'll be glad to take a closer look. When you say the class is no longer applied, do you mean the class name does not appear in the markup of the page, or the styles associated with that class name are not applied to the content?

Please share a URL where I can see the problem on the front-end of your site, and let me know which image I should be looking at. I'll take a look and give you some feedback.

Hi Christian

It looks kike the markup isn’t being applied.

Check out the top six icons on bzzktt.com

They are in a Bootstrap 3 grid, using a layout. Each is using a layouts image cell with alignment set to center.

They were centre aligned but when the cell was resaved, they left aligned.

Thanks

Gavin

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 3.11.09 PM.png

They are in a Bootstrap 3 grid, using a layout. Each is using a layouts image cell with alignment set to center.
They were centre aligned but when the cell was resaved, they left aligned.

When I look at the page, I see the 6 icons, each is centered in its parent cell. I cannot see a left-alignment here. I am attaching a screenshot here showing what I see. I added a green border to show the edges of each cell. Are you seeing something else? If so, can you take a screenshot and provide that in your next reply?

The issue isn't resolved. To centre align I stopped using the image cell and switched to the visual editor with an image embedded (hence the screenshot looking okay).

Okay is it possible for you to set up the problem on a test page or test site so I can see the issue and do some troubleshooting? Please provide login credentials here and I will take a closer look.

Hi Christian. Thanks. If I select "thummbnail" then the align center works on the Layouts image cell. If I do not select "thumbnail" then it does not work.

I'm reopening this ticket because I think it was closed automatically again without resolution. Did you see my previous question? Is it possible to set up the problem in a test site so I can see it in the browser? If you don't have a test site available, you can use our sandbox site https://discover-wp.com just set up a free account and install any of the reference sites that use Layouts. I'll post my info in a private reply so you can invite my account to your reference site and we can collaborate.

Hi Christian. I'd be happy to share a login to my site with you.

Okay, but sharing a login to your site won't help if the problem has been solved already by changing the Layout. I need to be able to see the problem. Here are private reply fields as requested.

Okay thank you for your patience and setting up the broken version for me. I was able to log in and see the problem exactly as you described. I can see that both right and center alignment appear to be broken when used with a custom image size in the image cell. After seeing the problem on your site, I was able to replicate the same problem in my own site by creating a similar Layout design. This means I can escalate the problem to our 2nd tier team for further investigation, and hopefully they can escalate this to our developers for some resolution. In the meantime, I can think of one other workaround besides the Visual Editor approach you already implemented. You could choose a WordPress standard size image, like "Thumbnail" or "Medium" instead of the custom image size. I'll keep you up-to-date here as I receive progress updates from the team.

This has been escalated to our Layouts developers for resolution.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.