Skip Navigation

[Closed] Layouts-Genesis Plugin Not Adding any Genesis Row Types?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 17:00 9:00 – 17:00 9:00 – 17:00 9:00 – 17:00 9:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Athens (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Konstantinos 8 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Konstantinos.

Author

I am trying to: Create a custom (non-archive) home page layout.

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-genesis-integration/

I expected to see: Genesis Row Types available and the ability to set the layout for the "Home" page that I specifically created.

Instead, I got: Only standard row types available and the only specific page I can choose is 404.

Hi Daniel!

Could you please confirm that you are using the latest versions of:
-Genesis Theme
-Layouts Plugin (1.4.1)
-Layouts Genesis Integration Plugin (0.1.2)
If not, please update to the latest version and check if problem is resolved.

If the issue remains, could you please provide me some debug information about your site?
You can go to a Layouts -> Help -> Debug Information to find the debug information page link.
I have enabled debug information area for your next reply, simply copy/paste the information in there.

Regards,
Konstantinos

It was a client site so I just went ahead and manually built the desired layouts after attempting my own debugging.

I can confirm that I was using all of the latest versions. The only thing I can think is I was building a custom child theme based off the Genesis Sample. Is there a specific check you run on child themes that could have been missed? I don't think so as it was still adding the Genesis header widget area and title area options, just not the row type options.

It should work for child theme as well without any problems.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site, in order to take a better look at the issue.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please remember to backup your database first before you proceed. You can use a plugin for this if you like (example: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/)

Regards,
Konstantinos

The topic ‘[Closed] Layouts-Genesis Plugin Not Adding any Genesis Row Types?’ is closed to new replies.