Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts doesn't work with my theme

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
image-2.png
image-1.png

Hi guys,

I am using the Kallyas them and I have a custom type that has two posts:

hidden link

hidden link

The first one is displayed corectly using the content template in image-1

The second one is using the layout template shown in image-2 and it doesn't display what it should.

Why doesn't the layout work?

Most likely this Theme does not use the_content() and Layouts cannot replace anything else but the_content(), or it's own render function the_ddlayouts().

The second function is only used when you manually integrate Layouts in your theme and I suppose you did not add any PHP for this, right?
Hence you use Layouts as a Content editor, and then the theme must use the_content() to work with.

Can you confirm your theme uses the_content()?

Hi Breda,

Thank you for the reply.

No. I didnt do any php coding.

I have searched for the_content() function in the theme code and I have found a reference to it in the page-content-view-page.inc.php file?

That means that the theme uses it, right?

If that is the only occurrence, then no, it seems they load the_content() and do something else with it.
It needs to be in single.php or similar (in your Templates)

Please send me a copy of that theme as a ZIP using Google Drive Links (anyone who has the link can see it)

I will enable a Private reply so you can provide me this safely

Thank you!

I installed your theme and with Layouts I can properly style:
- the home page
- WordPress native Pages

And that's it. I cannot edit Posts or Custom Posts, and that is most likely due to custom functions rendering the content as I see in the code.

I am escalating and investigating this.

Thank you for the patience.

For now you can solve this issue by creating a Child theme of the current theme and creating at least a single.php File, where you use the_content() to render the post body.

Then Toolset Layouts and content templates can hook in correctly.

Thank you, Beda!

Just wanted to say that i have noticed other issues with the theme as well.

For examplet the Visual Composer doesn't work with it.

It doesnt show on the content template and not even in views.... and when I try to create a black page... it freezes

This Theme is not unknown to us.

I will try to fetch all issues so we can handle them with the Author of possible.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-have-setup-roles-and-ogroups/

We receive no reply from the Developers of the Theme.

For now, you can create a Child theme and alter the files used to display single posts, so to use a the_content() call in it.

That will then solve the issue with Toolset Layouts or Views not applying the things you style in their screens.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.