Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout Consistency Problem

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Toolset Layouts provides an Export/Import feature (Toolset > Export/Import > Layouts) that allows exporting either Export layouts to theme directory, or Export and download layouts.

The first will export each existing Layout as a .ddl file, the existing CSS as a .css file and the Layouts Settings as a .json file into the Theme's Directory.
It will not export JS saved.
It will not allow later to import back the .json file, because only .zip, .ddl or .css files are allowed in import.

Moreover, this is misleadingly described in the GUI and needs clear hints what-what does/is.

Solution:
Update Toolset

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

Layout is not displaying correctly after modifying it.
Also Import exported layouts keeps loading for long time
What is the use of the exported layouts in the theme directory?

1. Layout is not displaying correctly after modifying it.

Please elaborate on the steps and issue, it is not possible to solve the problem as we do not yet know what it is and how it happens.

2. Import exported layouts keeps loading for long time

I had enough data to test this, however, it works fine on my tests.
(See Screenshot)

I will need to have more steps about this issue, in a new ticket if it persists.

3. What is the use of the exported layouts in the theme directory

This is the same as the export but to the theme's directory, not your local machine (not a download to the computer but to the Theme's Directory in your server) but in single Layouts split in single files (JSON format)
It could be used to create Themes that load templates made with Layouts.
However, to instruct you in its usage I will need to consult this first with the Developers.

Where can I inset the debug information securely?

I have no information yet on the issues you reported (#1, #2) or how to replicate them, and Related to #3 I still am awaiting news from my colleagues and our developers.

For that purpose (#3), I escalated this ticket (since it may take a little longer than expected).

I suggest reporting the other issues in a new ticket to get fast assistance with them.

In this way, we can keep track of the escalated issue here, and in a new ticket, you can follow the other issues.

Note that we will need all the details as requested here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layout-consistency-problem/#post-1097363

If you need to provide access to the site, in order to explain the issue, please add them in the first message of the ticket you open or request us later to enable a private reply.

I will keep you updated here about issue #3.

Thanks.

Hello Beda,

Here is what I receive when I import the layout into a new install:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/wpddl.theme-support.class.php on line 1173

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/wpddl.theme-support.class.php on line 1779

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/wpddl.theme-support.class.php on line 1173

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/wpddl.theme-support.class.php on line 1779

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/wpddl.theme-support.class.php:1173) in /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1126

This is the instance I'm building in order to upload it to a live testing site so you can see it.

New threads created by Beda and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/issues-when-importing-layouts-exports/

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 1.33.59 AM.png

It keeps busy forever while no files are uploaded to the server.

I replied with the credentials on the other ticket that is recently replied by Christian. I wonder if you can share it as I don't have a private form link here to write them

Hi, I have split the ticket as asked earlier here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/issues-when-importing-layouts-exports/

There we can follow up on the issue.

Here, we will only handle the issue about #3 "What is the use of the exported layouts in the theme directory"

I will update you in regard as soon as I have news.

Meanwhile I will follow up in the other ticket.

Finally, I have more details

You use export to the theme to provide the layouts as immediately available with the theme - we provide an API function you can use in functions.php file (ddl_import_layouts_from_theme_dir( $dir = '' )) to load the layouts from that directory.
This is for advanced programmers.

You use export and download (locally) layouts to move layouts to another theme or do anything else with them.

I hope that's clear, otherwise let me know!

Hell Beda,

Thank you for your reply.

//$dir='Get template uri' . 'Path to the folder'
ddl_import_layouts_from_theme_dir( $dir = '' )

In this case, the layouts will load.
What happens when I modify and save a layout? Will it update to the above folder?

Well, no, because the idea is to develop, export, then import what you created.

If you then edit the Layouts you'd need a new export to match the changes in a later import
BTW there are a few bugs (JSON of Layouts settings cannot get imported and JS does not get exported) if you use the Layouts export to the Theme Files.
These issues will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks!

Thank you Beda for your great support 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.