Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout completely does not work after Genesis upgrade

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I upgraded Genesis theme to its latest version 2.3.0.

afterwards, the layout plugin completely does not work, because I am not able to edit anything in the layout view.
https://d7j863fr5jhrr.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/413126-2016_07_04.png
Solution:
This is abnormal, after debug, it is cloudflare and somehow it cached the previous version of layout.
Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nuZ 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

nuZ
2016-07-04.png

Dear team,

I upgraded Genesis theme to its latest version 2.3.0.

afterwards, the layout plugin completely does not work, because I am not able to edit anything in the layout view. Can you please let me know how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Dear Nu,

This is abnormal, since you did not provide the debug information, I am not sure if there is any compatibility problem in your website.

I suggest you try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here.
Also check if there is any JS error occurs in your website:

PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).

Javascript Debugging

Many of the operations in WordPress require Javascript. Any error, due to anything, may cause all Javascript to stop and prevent things from happening. In Chrome, click on Tools->Javascript console. Normally, it should be clean. If you see any message, we should know about it.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

nuZ
2016-07-05 (5).png

Dear Luo,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the bug happens to the back end of layout plugin. Not sure whether the debugging for the view / type could help. I tried to deactivate all the other plugins and use the default wordpress theme, still it does not work.

To make it more clear, in the past, when I moved my mouse over a specific block under one layout, I could click and edit it. Currently, if you look at the screenshot, the edit mode does not exist anymore.

If it can help, I can provide you with more detailed login information then you can test it by yourself on my website.

Thanks!

Nu

Please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, also point out the problem page URL, I need a live website to test and debug, thanks

661.JPG

I see you are using Chrome browser, but I can not duplicate same problem in my Chrome browser, see screenshot 661.JPG, it seems might be a browser, please test with another browser again

nuZ

hmm, that's weird. We have tested it with Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer under Windows 10 / Mac, same problem.

It worked before when I used the old version of Layout (don't remember which version though)

Can you please double check with some other devices? Thanks a lot.

662-chrome.JPG
662-firefox.JPG
662-edge.JPG

I tested again in your website with Edge + Firefox + Chrome, all works fine, too see below screenshots:
662-firefox.JPG
662-edge.JPG
662-chrome.JPG

nuZ

Thanks a lot, Luo!

Is it something related to the location? I have used several laptops to test the site in the Netherlands and also included the browser Safari, still the same issue

Is it possible to add you via Skype? Then I can demo it on my PC. Maybe that would help.

nuZ

I realize what happened now...indeed it was related to the location. We use cloudflare and somehow it cached the previous version of layout.

Now it has been solved.

Thanks a lot!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.