Skip Navigation

[Closed] kallyas

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:

Display real estate details

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
WHEN I ENTER A CONTENT TEMPLATE SHORTCODE INTO TEXT AREA IT DISPLAYS LIKE THIS
[wpv-post-body view_template="byty-detail"]
hidden link

Instead, I got:

KALLYAS THEME PAGE BUILDER DISPLAYS LIKE THIS
display all the fields but it displays like this
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can I clarify what the problem is?

If I visit the URL you shared I see a page showing the full details of a house with many custom fields.

On one of your screenshots the content appears to be missing.

Is the problem that when you add the content shortcode the content doesn't appear? The content on the site at the URL is generated differently?

If you could give me some more details then I will be able to help you.

Hi Nigel, first - I love wptypes....it is the best plugin I have ever seen - now....I have made a content template REAL ESTATE. When I put a NEW HOUSE with custom fields like PRICE, LOCATION etc. (ABOUT 20 FIELDS) it appears in admin.

But when I want to display it there in only TITLE and DESCRIPTION on front end. When I want to display all the fields I must enter a shortcode /content teplate/ into page description and then it displays corretly (but with some more fields).

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm not sure if you are having problems because of your page-builder or whether you just need help setting up your templates and views. If you suspect there is a problem that relates to your page-builder then I suggest you temporarily switch to a default theme such as twentysixteen and/or disable the page-builder if it is a plugin and verify that the content you want to appear is being output.

So, you have made a custom post type to display houses to which you have added custom fields for extra content such as price etc., is that correct?

You might find the sample real estate reference site built using Toolset helpful to see how it was put together (or even adapt to your own needs): https://toolset.com/reference-site/toolset-real-estate/

When you add custom fields to a custom post WordPress won't normally display them if you view the post. You need to tell it to output those fields in addition to the standard title and post body content. So, if you create a Content Template to display your House post type, for example, then you will need to design the output using the Views shortcodes to output your custom fields. Those custom fields will be visible when you use the "Fields and Views" button on the edit screen of your Content Template.

To learn more about displaying output with Views see this page: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/

And if you are unsure about the difference between a View and a Content Template see here:
https://toolset.com/faq/whats-the-difference-between-a-view-and-a-view-template/

el2.JPG
el1.JPG

I have had a look and it should work fine. There must be a clash in a setuop. Kindly have a look. 1. When I add a NEW PROPERTY (POST TYPE) it looks like image EL1.jpg 2. When I add a shortcode into text post field with a content template it looks like EL2.jpg

Nigel
Supporter

- Your first screenshot, how is that displayed?

- What is the URL? It is a single post of your Property post type?

- Are you using a Content Template for displaying property single posts? The Content Template needs to output your custom fields.

If you are not using a Content Template then none of your custom fields will be output, unless you add shortcodes to do so to each and every individual post.

THIS ONE IS OK
hidden link

THIS ONE NOT
hidden link

YES I AM USING CONTENT TEMPLATE

YOU WROTE
If you are not using a Content Template then none of your custom fields will be output, unless you add shortcodes to do so to each and every individual post.

I am using content template....

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry, I can see that the two pages look different, I don't know what is different about how the two pages are being generated, or why you can't use the same technique (the one that works) for both.

Could I get the site credentials from you to be able to log into the admin pages? Then I can look how the pages are being produced to see the difference.

I'll mark your next reply as private. Please ensure you have an up-to-date backup of your site. You may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use which you can later delete.

Nigel
Supporter

Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was travelling Friday and a number of other absences meant that no-one was able to cover my queue.

Thanks for sharing the site credentials. I'm guessing you have done some more work in the meantime, because the link above to an example of a page that does not display correctly gives a 404 result, you must have deleted it.

I visited a few pages which seem to be displaying correctly, so I can no longer see the problem.

Did you manage to fix it yourself?

Once again, sorry for the slow response, but if I can still help you then please let me know.

Hi you test it by yourself - just go to NEMOVITOSTI and ADD NEW - and you will see that none of the fields would display...

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jan,

As Nigel is currently on vacation I will be handling this ticket 🙂

From reading the thread I gather that your custom posts types are not displaying the custom fields on the frontend correct?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] kallyas’ is closed to new replies.