Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with Visual Composer and theme integration

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Simon 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture du 2017-05-04 22-25-14.png

I am trying to: Create a content template for a CPT with Twenty seventeen theme

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/2016/05/toolset-2-1-preview-visual-composer-integration-content-templates/ and https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-vc/

I expected to see: a clear link between my CPT and the content template

Instead, I got: confused meta box information (see attached picture)

Using VC 5.1.1 and latest versions of Types and views with Twenty Seventeen child theme.

Although I have no layout assigned to the CPT I am working on, when editing a post belonging to this CPT, the Content template meta box starts by being correct about the assigned content template but, once the post is updated, displays the following message: 'Since this page uses a layout, styling with a Content Template is disabled.'
Very confusing indeed.
By the way, the demo video shown in the first link above explains that, in order to use VC for CPT templating, one has to start from the Toolset dashbord and click on 'Create template' button. Alas, doing this opens the layout editor where no VC button is available. (I understand VC is only available for Content template and Views editing). I dare say, even more confusing.
Thanks for your help.

Having further pondered on it, I realize the Layout plugin is apparently not to be used in combination with another 'builder' plugin like Visual Composer. Indeed, when diabling Layouts, than everything works like in the demo.
Then, I still wonder why there are VC dedicated cells available in Layouts?

Dear Bruno,

You are right, the Layout settings will override the Views content template settings, for the question:
I still wonder why there are VC dedicated cells available in Layouts?
You can try with the content template cell, and design it with Visual Composer:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/content-template-cell/

Dear Luo,

Thanks for the explanation; it makes sense of course.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.