Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with: Set checked by default (on new post)?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Checkboxes remain cheked by default after update to Types 2.1

Solution:
This is known issue to us. You can find temporary workaround with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/issue-with-set-checked-by-default-on-new-post/#post-412857

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: show an unchecked check box. The participant can't submit if the box isn't checked on their own to validate their agreement.

I visited this URL: not available at this time.

I expected to see: unchecked box

Instead, I got: checked box

The box is unchecked in CPT 'add new post', but is checked in the CRED form.

I don't want to display the url publicly at this time, but will privately if you want it.

Thank you for your help
Rich

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is known but and already reported to our developers and our developers are working on this to fix this issue.

The Developers will eventually publish a Errata here - kindly wait for it:
https://toolset.com/errata/

As a workaround, you may try to uncheck the checkbox available within your form using jQuery/Javascrip.

For example:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $('input[type=checkbox]').attr('checked',false);
});

Thank you!
Worked for me.
Regards,
Rich

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I just got the news that the official fix will be shipped with next CRED release of 1.8. Please hold on and update your plugins to CRED 1.8 when it's officially available.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.