Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with fatal memory errors causing user submissions to not be saves

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

This is a follow up to this post: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/issues-with-multiple-users-submitting-post-forms-in-quick-succession/#post-2483931

The main problem is that users sending information through post forms are not always having their data saved. I wondered if this was because of the multiple users, the previous response asked me to reach out to the hosting service (WordPress), which I have done. They said:

"I am seeing fatal errors that relate to the toolset-blocks plugin. This is likely causing the issue.

These memory issues are likely due to this plugin, or other plugins on the site.

Thanks for your patience! In general, memory exhaustion issues on a site are caused by plugins or themes that aren’t working correctly, not by a lack of memory. I suggest you reach out to the developer again for assistance, especially considering your special usage scenario (creating thousands of database entries that relate to different pieces of audio)

Let me know if you have any questions."

Is there any way to check into this and see if we can get it fixed?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Toolset Forms which create a new post, use a draft post with a reserved ID, before the form is actually submitted. In light of this, here are a couple of recommendations, if your website is expected to have multiple post form submissions in quick successions:

1. Allow only the logged-in users to submit the forms.

2. Divide the actual answers submission process into two steps:
a). In the first step, the form to create a new post can be shown (without any fields).
b). In the second step after the post has been created, you can show the second form that lets the user edit the newly created post, with the relevant fields showing.

3. Please make sure that the page that shows the form to create a new post is not cached at any level.
( i.e. by cache plugin, server, or at CDN like Cloudflare )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.