Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with blog categories

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot_1.png

hi,we are using the wp-views and wp-types and we have a problem in this site: hidden link,
the page for the news category: ( hidden link ) appears with no post and only the navigation,-please see screenshot 1-, when i turn off the wp-view plugin, the posts appears, i have turned off all the plugins except the wp-view and the problem persists, apparently the plugin makes some conflict with the posts output for a specific category.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I can see you are using number of third party plugins. In order to minimize the scope of the issue:

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

yes, we did disabled all plugins as part of troubleshooting and the issue persisted. Please let me know if you need backend access and the best way to provide you with those credentials.

Minesh
Supporter

Have you also checked with default theme?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

1)
Did you check your issue with the default theme?

2)
Unfortunately, wp-admin access details are not working at this end. Could you please check once and resend it.

Credentials removed

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rodrigues,

Thank you for the credentials but I had to remove them since it was not in a private fields.

I went ahead and added them to the private fields for security reasons.

Minesh is currently on holiday today and will be back tomorrow .

Thank you for the continued patience.

Thanks,
Shane

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please update WordPress to its latest official release version and check with the default theme.

I tried to check with default theme but I dont able to install it. Could you please install default theme and try to resolve your issue.

IMG_14092016_084251.png

Issue is still going on with default theme.

Also WP was updated, issue persist.

just to make the point. point is that post under NEWS categories are not showing at hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now.

There was issue with slug I believe I changed your news page slug and I can see the posts on the news category page now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.