Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there an easy way to change a piece of content's custom post type?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have imported a Drupal 7 site into WordPress using the FG Drupal to WordPress Premium plugin

Now that the content has been migrated, I would like to change the custom post type of some of the written content to simplify and decrease the total number of custom post types we are using.

The site is staged at hidden link

Hi, Toolset doesn't have any built-in post type manipulation mechanism so usually a post type change requires manual database manipulation. In the wp_posts table you can find the post type slug in the post_type column. Change the slug to change the post type - but note that this may have unintended side effects. For example, post relationships are post type specific. Any post relationships you have established with these posts may become lost or corrupted since they now belong to different post types. Content Template associations may need to be updated, Forms may need to have a different post type selected, and so forth. So I would exercise extreme caution here. Definitely make a backup of your database before you attempt this and then test the migration thoroughly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.