Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there a capability to grant access to Toolset dashboard to a non-admin role?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I am trying to:
Have a Editor or custom-role to access the backend Toolset (views, etc) without being an Admin

Is there a filter/capability i have to grant to the specific role in order for this to happen?
I need just for them to modify the Custom Fields, but even if they are able to modify views or CT, it's ok too.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

With default editor role using which I've created the new user and loggedin in the backend admin and I do not have access to Toolset by default.

To edit the default Editor role capability, you should be logged in as administrator.

Then, You should click on the button "Enable advanced mode" to change the permissions for default roles, in this case its Editor.
=> https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/enable-advanced-mode-1.png

You should click on the link "Change permissions" available with the Editor role.
=> https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/change-permissions-link.png

And with the "General Capabilities" tab you should locate the manage_options capability and save the settings and then on another browser you should try to login as Edtior user and you will see the Toolset menu.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control/managing-wordpress-admin-capabilities-access/#editing-capabilities-for-your-custom-roles

Hi.
Thank you for your answer.
This is very true. I already knew this.

My question is: Can i give a SPECIFIC capability that will not allow this Editor to become able to manage ALL MY PLUGINS (since manage_options is the default "admin" capability)?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

manage_options
Allows access to Administration Panel: Settings (General , Writing , Reading, Discussion, Permalinks, Miscellaneous)
==>
Above is the manage_option capability descriptions. I just gave manage_options permission to my Editor (role) user and I do not see that user able to access the plugins.

So, with the "General Capabilities" tab you should locate the other capabilities like update_plugins, install_plugins, update_themes etc..etc..

You should check/uncheck the capability you want to grant/revoke and save the permissions and check if that helps you to resolve your issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.