Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is it possible to "load more results" via AJAX instead of doing pagination?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ross Fisher 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Ross Fisher.

Author

I'm very comfortable making views that pull up a set of results and then paginate them using dots.

What I'd rather have is a view that shows ten results and then has a link or button that says "Show More Results". When you click it, additional results appear immediately below, "growing" the list of results instead of replacing a single page of results. I think this is sometimes called "infinite load more via ajax".

I believe this forum topic was asking the same thing:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/load-more-option-for-ajax-results/

But I wonder if there's a more up-to-date answer since I suspect many people ask for this functionality?

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

I can certainly understand wanting AJAX pagination, no one likes the white flash when you load pages. As of now, there currently isn't a feature in Toolset to enable this. I'd be happy to let our developers know that it would be a nice feature to have!

Hi Ross,

I dug into this problem some more and learned that "Infinite Scrolling" is in fact a built-in feature as of WP 1.11 (Nov 4, 2015)

https://toolset.com/version/views-1-11

I'm very happy to be able to rely on this without having to hack my own JS!

On the other hand, I'm displeased with the support I received in this case.

Hey there Canton, I appreciate the feedback!

You are totally right in this case, my mind completely skipped that we added AJAX Pagination into the Pagination settings in Views. I get many tickets about hacking in custom AJAX into Toolset that my mind immediately skipped to custom work as 99% of the cases are as such. It's not often I get a simple and straightforward How-To question and for that, I thank you for reminding me to not skip the basics.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and good luck on your project!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.