Skip Navigation

[Resolved] insert a View link in loop to show post details

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Essentially the issue here is that the user wanted to add the link to the post in his view to a text.

Solution:

To do this you will just need to specify the shortcode like the example below.

<a href='[wpv-post-url]'>Click Me for Details</a>
This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patricioC 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Shane.

Passing in clean ...
In the icon that is at the end of each row of the "task list" loop, I want to put a link that takes me to see the details of each task (tasks fields) on another page through a view in a layout, where then to that view I will add a view with the child posts "comments".
Now you can see in the last icon of the list of tasks that I tried to do something of what I mentioned to you, but I have not had any results.

I hope I have expressed myself better.

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Patricio,

I took another look at this for you and since it is done in this fashion then you will need to pass the id through the URL.

Take a look at how it is now and it should be loading the correct information.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane.

It works perfect! I just lacked that.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.