Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Inquiry about Legacy Plugins Safety.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by smileBeda 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am sorry to ask again, I missed the supporter reply here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/inquiry-about-legacy-plugins-safety/ and did not follow up.
Now the ticket is closed, thus opening it again here.

---

Thanks for the reply there (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/inquiry-about-legacy-plugins-safety/), but I am well aware that Toolset requires 5.+
If you recall, I was actually the user who made Toolset bump its minimal version number, see https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-think-toolset-minimal-requirement-needs-to-be-bumped-to-wp-5-0/

My question is not what the latest version of Toolset is, or what it requires.
My question in that ticket was:
what would be the latest versions of Views, Forms, Access and Types plugins that could be used with WordPress 4.9 that can be used safely

Officially there was no security update whatsoever since a couple releases, but I do not know if you would even be publishing that in a Changelog.

I think the question is not invalid:
what is the last safe and stable version of Toolset we can use, if we do not want to deal with the blocks poppycock?
There are many users that do not want to develop for the sakes of some "visionary" who decides to destroy all common sense and for example make is_admin return false in a Widgets editor. They use Toolset. They want to continue use Toolset. They are ready to not "get new features" but just use and proceed using a very powerful tool.

Can you answer this question? Or is anything below the current Toolset version just deemed unsafe per default?
I am happy to wait a week for a Developer's input, it is not that urgent, after all. But it would be very valuable information to know the last stable, call it LTS Toolset if you want, that goes with WordPress 4.9.

Thanks!!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Beda and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Honestly, I don't know how to answer your question. So, I am going to escalate it to our 2nd Tier and get back to you with news as soon as possible.

Hey Jamal, I think you can close the ticket here and upstream, I was in contact with Amir directly meanwhile and I think the question is clarified.

Cheers!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.