Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Inquiry about Legacy Plugins Safety.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I wanted to ask what would be the latest versions of Views, Forms, Access and Types plugins that could be used with WordPress 4.9

A site maintained by me won't update above 4.9 and uses the plugins.
We'd like to basically install the latest most up to date Toolset, that does _not_ conflict with the 4.9 version (as we know the very latests Toolset versions require WP 5.0), and is considered safe to use.

Our goal would be to keep Toolset running in any of the older versions, that are _without known safety issues_, and running on WP 4.9

Release wise, I would have guessed Views 2.9.4 and Types 3.3.5, but I am not sure about that, and specially would like to inquire if any known security issue has been fixed in releases _after_ that.

Could you help me with information or ask the Developers if they can give an input on this?
I ram of course aware that "best" practice would be to run last updates, on the other hand, if there's no known security issue in the "last" known 4.9 compatible version, I also see no risk in keeping that running.

I appreciate it.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Beda and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I am afraid you will need to upgrade to, at least, WP 5.0. Toolset does not support WP4.9 as you can check on the Toolset requirements page https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.