Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Infinite scrolling no longer interprets shortcodes upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Conton,

I've sent a reminder to the development team to see the progress regarding this issue.
Unfortunately, they informed me that Elegant Themes team is not collaborating.

So, We can do nothing if Elegant Themes shortcodes are designed and deined to work on AJAX calls. The reason is that as they need some assets to work (stylesheets and scripts) and they can not be safely or cleanly loaded on AJAX, but we can not provide support for it only on our side.

It will be great if you are able to contact them to collaborate with us to solve the issue. otherwise, it will not be possible to help in that.

Thanks.

Hi there! Any movement on this? Because of this issue, I'm still orphaned at toolset 2.0 which I'm nervous about.

Hello @cantonb

This is Beda, Toolset 2nd Tier.

As Mohammed stated, ,we can not fix this without the cooperation of the Theme Developers, because Elegant Themes shortcodes are designed to not work on AJAX calls.

Our Developer sees the reason, as they need some assets to work (stylesheets and scripts) and they can not be safely or cleanly loaded on AJAX, but we can not provide support for it only on our side.

No response has been given to us from those Theme developers.

At this stage, I would like to ask you if you can also ping them and ask if perhaps they are interested in a cooperation.

If we can not cooperate on this we can unfortunately not solve this problem.

Please let me know if you receive reply.

Here's what I last heard from Divi on this matter:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. You are using this plugin, right? https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/

I added this issue into our tracker. Our Dev team will check this. It can take a while, right now we are focused on Divi 3.0. Thanks for your patience.

I have notified our DEV on this process and also asked again how our Contact with them is proceeding.

I will update you here with news as soon I have any.

Keeping this ticket open because I received an email from the support cleanup robot asking me to do so.

Our Developer stated, this will take time, and we can not do anything here from our end only.

It will require a major cooperation with the Developers of the 3rd Party.

We are still waiting for their contact response.

Hi Beda,

I'm aware that this ticket is more or less at a stand still. However each time I receive an email from the wp-types robot asking if I want to keep this ticket open, I will respond because I don't want this ticket to get closed.

We updated our DOC's where needed (specifically the DOC where we talk about AJAX things) that this will break the mentioned ShortCodes.

There is no development on this still, as it 100% relates to some things we need from the 3rd Party to make this work.

As such I have to close this ticket here because I can not update you on any development currently.

We are in contact with the 3rd Party and as soon we can, we will start the process of compatibility development.

I apologise that we can currently not adjust this, as it's relying on the 3rd party's code.

Thank you for your understanding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.