Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Infinite scrolling no longer interprets shortcodes upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
asia-foundation-infinite-scroller-view-with-shortcodes.png

When we upgraded from views 2.0 to 2.1, infinite scrolling broke on our production site in that it no longer interprets the shortcodes in our Loop Output section. I've rolled back to 2.0 on our production site, but you can see the problem on our sandbox where we have 2.1 installed.

Compare the infinite scrolling on these two pages:

hidden link
hidden link

The attached screenshot shows you how we invoke our view directly via PHP using the render_view() code, as well as how we've setup the view itself.

Thanks for any help here.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand with Views 2.0 its working and issue is with views 2.1.

I would like to know from where [et_pb_column] comes from, is it from any plugin or theme?

Hello. I use theseshort codes to place the content into mobile-responsive columns and rows. These shortcodes are specific to the Divi theme by ElegantThemes.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please send us 1:1 copy of your site. You can do that by following next steps.

+ You can download the Duplicator plugin from here
=> http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and a fresh package.

# Duplicator instruction
+ From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
+ Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
+ Chose "Packages"
+ Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
+ Give it a name or leave it as is
+ Click on "Create Package Set"
+ Wait until the package is ready
+ Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
+ Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)
+ Send me wp-admin access-details

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated your ticket to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Hello Canton,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

It seems that we have a compatibility issue with rendering DIVI page builder shortcodes.

The development team now aware of the issue and is working on it.

Please keep following this ticket and we will update you once we get any updates.

Thanks.

Hello, is there any news on this issue? We're not super comfortable having downgraded from 2.1 to 2.0. I'm worried that such a major downgrade could cause problems with our existing views. We'd like to get back to using 2.1 as soon as there's a solution for this problem.

Hi Canton,

Thank you for your reply.

This issue is being handled directly by one of our developers and one of our compatibility team.

The current situation:
- Our development team put their hands on the issue and they found that:
- This is a compatibility issue between the Toolset plugin and the Divi page builder
- There is some work we need to do from our side and other work from the Divi team side
- In the meaning time, we are going to contact the DIVI team to handle the issue together

This is a part of the development team response:
"The Page builder should provide either frontend AJAX support or a way for us to whitelist our frontend AJAX calls for some formatting shortcodes to get registered. Otherwise, we can do nothing since we do follow good practices for AJAX."

Please wait and I will get back once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

Has the development team addressed whether or not it's possible just to roll back the specific change that was made between 2.0 and 2.1 that would fix this problem for the time being?

These Divi shortcodes were working great in 2.0. Is it not possible to revert the part of the code that led to the conflict?

Thanks for the additional information. I'm nervous about having our production website locked into 2.0 until a *collaborative* fix can be accomplished between Elegant Themes (Divi) and Toolset. I'm guessing that could take quite a while, if ever.

Hi Canton,

I'm sorry to involve you in technical.

Although, I don't expect that the development team will agree on reverting part of the code, but I will open a discussion with them about that.

The reason behind I don't expect that they will agree that we implemented some improvements to our plugins ajax management. so, rolling back would affect other plugins.

About the collaborative work with DIVI team, we already have an ongoing work with them and our compatibility team is well experienced in that.

So, we will manage to fix this as quick as possible.

Thanks.

Hi Canton,

I got this reply from the development team leader:

Views 2.0 didn't have strong enough ajax pagination, With the new ajax management, we now have proper, real and strong ajax pagination.

The problem is that the Divi shortcodes can not work on content loaded using AJAX. The same problem would appear on a widget that loads AJAX content containing Divi shortcodes.

So, we will not revert back to the previous ajax pagination. instead, we will try to fix this compatibility issue.

Please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi Canton,

This is an update that we've contacted the author and waiting for his reply.

Thanks.

Hi there!

I wonder if there's any word from the Elegant Themes team / WP-Types team on whether or not a fix for this is in the works? I'm getting nervous being so out of date stuck at 2.0

Hi Canton,

We didn't receive any reply from the Divi team till now.

From my side, I sent a reminder to our team to contact them again.

I will notify you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm just sending out a little note to see if there's been a response from either technical team yet. My website is still on 2.0 in the meantime. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.