Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Incorrect notification being sent when site used in German

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 44 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I've never noticed that before, the unused count on the list of Views, but on my own site it also shows the same totals for published and unused Views.

It looks like it may be a left-over that isn't functioning as one might expect, I'll look into it further, but for the purposes of your site it can be ignored.

I looked directly in the database on your site and it shows that there are 56 published Views, vs. the 53 shown at Toolset > Views.

It's not obvious where the difference of 3 arises from scanning those in the database.

You should be able to see the same list of 56 at this link: hidden link

Checking the WPML translation tables there are no translations of View posts to other languages, so no redundant other language versions in the same way there was with forms.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 10.46.36.png
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 10.32.42.png

Hi Nigel

1) OK re the Views > "Not Used" thing. It's a little confusing though, it might be nice to have this removed in a future release if it has no function.

2) The difference of 56-53=3 was test WordPress Archives, I deleted those in the GUI and now get 53 items from both queries.

3) I have overhauled all our Post Forms and User Forms, updated all instances of wpml-string to cred_i18n, sent them all to translation queue and translated them the "new" way.

4) I would still like to have the issue in the WPML > Translation Management solved (see screenshot). I cannot find any way to delete those relics that are from objects created waaaayyyyyy back before we even went live. I found the old related translation strings in WPML > String Translation and deleted them. Still these relics are in the database somewhere. I've tried the following buttons under WPML > Support > troubleshooting:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Cleanup and optimise string tables
- Clear invalid strings (none was Forms relevant)

Would it make sense to open a ticket with WPML? I'm not sure to what extent they'll probably just contact Toolset supporters, given you are all from the same company...??

Kind regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

Let's persist here, it doesn't make sense to punt this to someone else.

But! Please help me out.

>I would still like to have the issue in the WPML > Translation Management solved (see screenshot)

I've lost track of what exactly that refers to. Can you please remind me?

(I'm off tomorrow, I will reply Thursday.)

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 17.58.23.png

Hi Nigel

I would just like to get that rogue untethered data eliminated from the database, so that when I filter in WPML > Translation Management on Toolset Forms I should only see the current used 14 Post Forms and 3 User Forms that I can see under Toolset > Post Forms/User Forms.

I imagine the data has to be somewhere in the translation tables, since the Post/User Form objects have been deleted successfully from the database.

SELECT * FROM `wpdev_icl_translate_job` WHERE `title` LIKE '%Toolset Forms%' 

hidden link

is showing me the offending data, but I don't want to just delete those rows out of that table, as I'm sure they are referenced by other icl tables somewhere. (see screenshot)

Whatever solution we go with (code/SQL etc) must be replicable on our production environment: I can confirm that all the problems we have solved on dev in this ticket I will have to resolve on www also. (When we went live, we did a Duplicator Pro copy of our dev.native-nanny.de site and published it to hidden link). I also checked and can see the german versions of the forms on the database.

By the way - I really appreciate the awesome support on getting all this crap cleaned up once and for all! 🙂 You have been so helpful!! Hope you have a well deserved day off tomorrow!

Kind regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

I can't be sure that deleting the entries in the wp_icl_translate_job table won't leave some orphan entries elsewhere, so I've posted a question about that for my WPML colleagues to check.

I'll update again when I hear back from them.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, this should actually be fairly simple.

Go to WPML > Packages, and filter for Toolset Forms packages.

It shows 23, the same as the list at WPML > Translation Management.

You can delete the unwanted packages, and the Translation Management list should update.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 09.17.11.png

Hi Nigel

perfect! I must admit, I've never even noticed that WPML > Packages screen. But that has solved the issue!

One final question: the updated plugin you prepared for us is showing as 2.6.19.patched (see screenshot). Do you have a rough idea of when the "official" version including the bugfix will be available? Will the updater still detect it when it is released because the version number will be different?

Thanks and kind regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

I can't say about when the fix will be incorporated in a product release of Forms, I'm afraid.

You will get an update notice when a new version of Forms is released, and it should be clear from the changelog if the fix is included.

(If I have to create another patched version I'll do that, but I expect the fix to be included.)

I'll update the erratum for this issue at the time, so you may want to subscribe: https://toolset.com/errata/wrong-form-notifications-sent-on-multilingual-site/

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 16.10.31.png
Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 16.08.40.png

Hi Nigel

OK, great. I clicked on your erratum but didn't see any Subscribe buttons. Do I just have to post a comment or something or has the subscribe functionality been removed?

Also, filtering the errata by Toolset Forms and Open doesn't show it. Is it perhaps not yet publicly visible?

Thanks and kind regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry, I've been recommending subscribing to comments and it turns out its not possible for clients, you are the first person to alert me. We are going to change that.

But for now I'll mark this thread as escalated and will update you when the issue is fixed (I get notifications from the internal ticket about changes in status). If there is a release and I haven't confirmed that it includes the fix please post a reply here to nudge me and I will check the status, and if necessary produce an updated patch.

As for the filtering, behind the scenes it was disabled because of performance issues affecting toolset.com. I've created a ticket about that for our systems team to see if it can be re-instated.

HI Nigel

OK, fine by me. Thanks again for all your help.

Unfortunately on Production that code deleted ALL my forms in English and German for some reason, which I don't understand, but I have already recovered from it. It was a good exercise to clean them up there too. We had a few changes to implement anyway.

I'll look forward to your update when the plugin is released.

Kind regards
Simon

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 09.57.58.png
Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 09.55.17.png

Hi Nigel

I'm presuming the Toolset types update about "load the forms library" is not referring to the error we had with the Forms plugin, right? Are there any further updates on a new version of Toolset Forms plugin including your patch?

Kind regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Simon

The fix will be included in Forms itself, not in Types. As for when, it isn't fixed in development yet, so I can't estimate when that will be.

When the developers work on a new version of Forms I will try to make sure this is incorporated, though, so that you won't need to re-apply the workaround.

HI Nigel

There is a new version of Forms out, but we are still using your patched version 2.6.19.patched. Is the fix included in the new version, or do we need a patch of the new version?

Kind regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Simon

You beat me to it.

Yes, the new version contains a fix, so you should no longer need the patch.

It's slightly different to the change I proposed with the patch, so do test, and let us know if you continue to see any problems with it.

simonM-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-14 10:26:26.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.