Skip Navigation

[Resolved] importing custom fields of type Select

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
select-type.JPG
select-type-cust-fld.JPG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Import custom fields using CSV Importer plugin all rows where successfully imported however all Select type fields are empty - see screenshot select-type.jpg. example field of type Select is english-name - see screenshot select-type-cust-fld.jpg.
The english-name field for this record in the csv file is: "Southern Maidenhair Fern, Venus's Hair, Rudder Gra"
the csv field heading is: wpcf-english-name.
Please can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Would it be better to set the field as single line text and substitute ,

• for the commas.
    Thanks for your help
    David

Dear David,

How do you setup the csv file?
    I suggest you follow our document to setup the CSV file:
    https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/import-content-csv-importer-plugin/

And the value of field "wpcf-english-name" should be the value of "Custom field content", for example value 1

See your screenshot:
    hidden link

Hi Luo,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I need to know why I can't see any content in Select type fields (see select-type.jpg screenshot) when all the other custom fields - number, text etc. - and all the custom posts appear OK.

Thanks
    David

I am not sure why it is not working in your website, that might be:
    1) Compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again
    2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website and a demo CSV file in below "private detail box", I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks.

Thanks Luo, appreciate your offer to take a look.
    I'll try your suggestions, if the problem persists I'll create a dump and send it. Either way I'll let you know soon.

Thanks
    David

OK, please update this thread if you still need assistance, the "private detail box" is enabled.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.