Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Import Many-to-many post relationships from Post Connector

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to use the new many-to-many post relationship from Toolset

Until now I used a combination of Toolset taxonomies and the plugin Post Connector.
Is there a possibility to import existing post relationships from post connector?

Regards
Jürgen

Hi, our system doesn't have a special integration with Post Connector relationships, so the process is the same as importing from any other 3rd-party post relationship system. You must generate a CSV file in a special format, then use that CSV to import posts and post relationships. The difficult part is generating that CSV file from Post Connector, because I'm not sure how you access the necessary information. We have a guide available here, but you may need assistance from Post Connector support to create such a CSV file:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/importing-content-from-csv-with-post-relationships/

Or if you're comfortable with PHP, we also offer the Post Relationships API toolset_connect_posts:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/#toolset_connect_posts

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.