Skip Navigation

[Resolved] imorting repeating field groups not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to import repeatable field groups with Ultimate CSV Importer plugin.

Solution:

For "Ultimate CSV Importer" plugin, please check this document:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-import-posts-from-csv-files-and-maintain-relationships-when-using-the-csv-importer-plugin/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by BrandenT2154 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

For the new questions:
Please edit the problem post you mentioned above:
hidden link

There isn't Air Filter Inlet Pricing group repeatable field groups in it, so view won't display any result.

So in summary, if you want to query Air Filter Inlet Pricing group items, you will need to choose the correct relationship name Air Filter Inlet Pricing group

the post you mention (464) was created manually. manually created posts were never a problem. manually created posts utilize the view to display pricing correctly. what I mean by that is that it displays the fields listed in the view, and it only displays them for repeatable field groups which are related to the parent post in any relationship. in the case of Air Filter inlets, this relationship is the " Air Filter Inlet Pricing group" you mentioned, but for other post types it is other relationships.

This thread is about posts that were created by importing using ultimate CSV importer. This is where the problem occurs. When I import a post, the repeating field group is populated with the correct data. However, toolset does not display it correctly. Instead toolset seems to display RFG data for some RFG's which are not related to the parent post in any way at all.

You mention that you can fix this by choosing the correct relationship name "Air Filter Inlet Pricing group" but unless I misunderstand that should not be necessary. and doing so creates problems elsewhere because sometimes I use this view on pages that are not Air Filter Inlet's and do not utilize that relationship.

to make this more clear, let's use the same example as the start of the thread. here is a post that was imported:
hidden link
if you edit the post you will see there are only 3 RFG's related to it in any way.
However, you can see on the front end, that the view displays ~35 different RFG posts. that means that the view is displaying 32 different RFG's that are not related to the parent post in any way.

Again this is a problem since I use this view elsewhere on different post types that do not always use that same relationship.
it's also concerning because that seems to imply that toolset thinks there is a relationship between this parent post and these other 32 posts. This seems like it will be prone to errors later on, especially if I use the API to query what RFG's are related to the parent post in order to update pricing.

to make it more clear I have created a video, but It's in two parts:
hidden link
hidden link

thank you for bearing with me on this complicated problem.

I am trying to reproduce the problem in my localhost, will update here if find anything.

I'm not sure how, but smackocders (the developers of the Ultimate CSV import plugin) were able to fix this problem for me. it's working on my site now, so you don't need to try to find a solution any more. I'm unsure if there is some sort of long-term compatibility problem here or not, you might want to check with them.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.