Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Images don’t display on custom post type pages

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by barryG-4 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset-content-template.jpg

Here's the image I mentioned above.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

"By the way, I've had to re-enable lots of plug ins and there's a field displaying "This i my field" in the Albums post page. Are you able to just check any changes you made that can be put back to how they were unless you can tell me how to do it please?"

This was actually added to the elementor template for the post type. If you edit the template you should see a block with the text that i've added.

In the content template I've made for Letters I've managed to disable the post title and created my own to style it like the pink Albums Elementor template. The date field underneath it has been styled but the style/colour changes don't show when I view the post. Can you check this please?

For these fields I see that you are using the Fields and Texts block but you can simply use a heading block and add it using the dynamic content settings for the block. I've done this with the title of the page and as you can see it is working correctly. Perhaps you can try doing this for your date block so that you can get familiar with the other block types that are available.

Usually the Fields and Texts block is only used when you want to add custom field information in between lines of text, however if you just want to display the custom field value you can use the Toolset Headings block or the Single Field block.

I've added a gallery field and used the Masonry style and this is fine but there are only 2 images in the test post but three are showing and I think the extra shot is the featured image and one of the 2 gallery images is hidden under it. I've disabled the featured image though so I'm just totally and utterly confused. Can you look at this also please?

Based on the post that i'm previewing i'm only seeing 2 images in the field, this would mean that there will only be 2 images being displayed on the frontend. If you want more to be displayed you will need to add them to the "Letters Image" custom field since this is where you've set the gallery block to get the images from.

I also see where you've mentioned that you've disabled the featured image but it is still enabled in the post type settings.
hidden link

There appears to be a light cream background colour outside the main content blocks. That is not on any page anywhere else so may I know why it is showing in this content template. I need to remove it. Can you help.

This was perhaps because the content wasn't set to a full width layout. I've seen that you've resolved this now.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

ts001.jpg

Hi Shane,

I’ve seen your Toolset heading block displaying as pink text in the content template editor that shows the customised post title heading but it’s black when viewed as a post publicly when I open the site in a browser that’s just had all it’s history and data deleted then re-opened.

I duplicated the heading and changed the dynamic content to show the date field but it’s just showing a string of numbers instead on the content editor page. It’s showing the date on the publicly viewable post but the styling isn’t what I set it to on the template.

So what am I doing wrong please?

You mentioned that you only see two images (that’s how many you should be seeing) but I still see three in a browser. Are you only looking at the page in the Content Template editor? I see two images there but three in a browser when viewing the page publicly. The first image you see I am convinced is the featured image which I’ve disabled in the content template. I need to select a featured image for the post though so it displays on the ‘Letters’ posts page gallery which is why it’s not disabled elsewhere.

The image of the woman and the baby is also still cut off and hidden under the instance of what I think is the featured image which should not be there. I just don’t understand any of these problems.

The light cream background outside the main content area is still there (when viewed publicly) even though I’ve set the content template to be full width as you mentioned.

Can you show me a screenshot of what you see in a browser when viewed as a post because I’m so confused why I can’t see what I think you’re seeing? I’m attaching another annotated screenshot to show you the above.

Am I just stupid or unlucky?

Many thanks,
Barry.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

1. Your date field should now be displaying the correct date format. I had to switch the field to a single field block in order to apply the pre-formatting settings for the date. This is because the date field is stored as a Timestamp.

<Em>You mentioned that you only see two images (that’s how many you should be seeing) but I still see three in a browser. Are you only looking at the page in the Content Template editor? I see two images there but three in a browser when viewing the page publicly. The first image you see I am convinced is the featured image which I’ve disabled in the content template. I need to select a featured image for the post though so it displays on the ‘Letters’ posts page gallery which is why it’s not disabled elsewhere.

There seems to be some caching happening here because on my end i'm not seeing 3 images. I'm only seeing the 2 images that have been uploaded. Each time you make a change and if it doesn't appear please remember to clear your lightspeed cache.

Here is a screenshot of what I see on my end.
hidden link

I've cleared the LS cache so you may see what i'm seeing on my end.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.