Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Images categories

This support ticket is created 2 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Dear Support,

How are you? I hope you can help me with the following questions:

Is it possible with Toolset to add Image categories to an existing WordPress Image Library, so I can put the Images in 1 categorie per Image?
[Example: category cars, products, colors].

Kind regards,
Peter

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Peter and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well, Media library files are managed by WordPress as a default custom post type "Media" with slug "attachment". You can assign any taxonomy to it. Go to Toolset->Post Types, locate the "Media" post type, hover over it, and click on edit. Then you can choose the taxonomies that you want to assign to it in the "Taxonomies to be used with" section.

However, I wonder why would you like to use taxonomies for the media files? Can you provide more details? Maybe there would be a better way!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.