Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image Field External Image Path

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jamesE-5 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Is it possible to use an external image link/path in an Toolset image field? Inserting an external path doesn't seem to work. Is there a workaround?

Thanks

T Dwyer

Dear Dwyer,

The custom image field of Types plugin does support remote images, you just need to fill the value with image URL, and Types even support "resizing of remote images", you can enable it here:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Custom Content.

Enable option "Allow resizing of remote images", then you will be able to display the image with specific size parameters. see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#image
size:
custom image size | 'full' | 'large' | 'medium' | 'thumbnail'
width and height will be ignored if size is set.

Hi,

I have enabled remote image resize. We have migrated the content from old DRUPAL 6 site to WP and using latest version of toolset.

During the import, I create custom field for IMAGE and used the URL same as remote site URL like hidden link

WP is showing the image correctly and even in wp-admin, it shows the URL from remote site and thumbnail loaded is from OLD Site (original image). when I try to save the post within wordpress, it gives me error "Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the image file."

Regards,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.