Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image Alt tags are not displaying

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by triD 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Im my views, I would have something like this, in order to display an image. This is the original sized image, it is not a custom sized image. The attached image is also stored within the WP default path of /wp-content/uploads/:
[types field='content-block-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%'][/types]

However, on the front-end, no alt or title attribute is displayed with the expected placeholder replaced with actual ALT content.

I've disabled all caching, including Redis on the testing site. Cleared the Toolset guid cache table via settings. But nothing helped.
Toolset Types version: 3.4.16
Toolset Views version: 3.6.3
WP version: 5.7.6

What is the link to your site?
Please enable private messaging.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I need to first know your setup and that will help me to check if the issue you reported is exists or not.

I would like to have debug information that will help us to debug and investigate your issue:
- https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

We have one known issue, Could you please try to check the workaround shared with the following link and try to resolve your issue:
- https://toolset.com/errata/images-missing-alt-tags-if-wpml-enabled/

In addition to that, I found that (it's the staging site) that many plugins are outdated, could you update all plugins to latest release version and then try to apply the patch I shared able.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! The patch worked.

I cannot update all the plugins at this time, we need to do testing and/or wait for plugins to be safe and compatible. So we cannot always update to the latest right away.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.